Sunday, October 1, 2023

Asian Fusion Dinner

 Hello World, I'm Back!

In the past few years the whole world has experience so many challenges and change that, having the drive to pursue my past interest has been difficult and superfluous.  I'm slowly getting there and now have some of my art supplies at home (thank you Kyle).

As always, cooking at home is always fun and enjoyable specially since  I now have a very large kitchen with many prepping areas and Kyle is always ready to help with meal preps.

Blending a fusion of many ethnic foods is a challenge but I continue to experiment and my family is always and willing to partake.  I have been following one of my favorite chefs, David Chang create delicious sauces for his noodle dishes.  As many of you know (family & friends), Mustard's Restaurant in the Sonoma area is one of my favorite restaurants and I own a few of Cindy Pawlcyn's cookbooks.  Of course all of her recipes and incredible, mouthwatering but difficult to execute and require many, many ingredients but; of course I found a shortcut.  I created a quick and tasty marinade for her Mongolian Pork Chops which I paired with one of David Chang's noodles for a complete dinner.  When I cook and missing an ingredient I always find a substitute for or use whatever is arm's reach and, since I did not have all of Momofuku's ingredients of course I substituted, thank you Trader Joe's 😉


Mongolian Pork Chops with Noodles

Serves 4-6                                            Prep Time 2-4 hrs                  Cook Time  10 minutes

Ingredients

  • 4-6 bone in pork chops
  • 8 ounces Hoisin Sauce with pear juice (store bought)
  • 1/4 C Soy Sauce
  • 2 T Worcestershire Sauce 
  • 1T Sesame Seed Oil
  • 1t hot sauce

Mix all liquid ingredients together, pour over pork chops and marinade for at least two hours in fridge.


 

David's Noodles Ingredients

  • 4 Packs air dried, not toasted, Korean style noodles
  • 1/2 a cucumber, julienned
  • 1/2 a carrot, julienned
  • 4 green onions, thinly sliced (sorry David)
  • 1 T Honey Chili Crunch, Momofuku
  • 1 T Chili Crunch, Momofuku
  • 1/4 C Hoisin Sauce with pear juice
  • 2 T Soy Sauce
  • 1 T Sesame Seed Oil
  • 2 Garlic Cloves
  • 2 T minced Ginger
  • 1 t Hot Sauce, optional, to taste
  • 1-2 T Furikake, rice seasoning

In blender mix sauce ingredients together by combining Honey Chili Crunch, Hot Chili Crunch, Hoisin Sauce, Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, hot sauce, garlic and ginger; add to large bowl. Bring pot to boil and cook noodles according to directions.  Have an ice water bowl ready, once noodles are cooked put in ice water bowl, drain and add to bowl with sauce. If to dry, add more of the liquid ingredients to taste.



 

Kyle grilled the pork chops in our new outside kitchen, 2 minutes per side on high flame.

When plating simply place a pork chop along with noodles, dress noodles by adding the cucumber, carrot and green onions then sprinkle all over with Furikake.  Enjoy!


 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment