Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas

Since I have been getting back to my " artistic" roots of  drawing (if I had a name for it), I have also been exploring mixed media expressions which I totally love since you can not make any mistakes with all of the different layering and techniques involved.

In this particular piece I was inspired by designer Candy Rosenberg's small canvas mixed media.  My youngest son studied in Italy and while there he took some fabulous picture from his travels throughout Europe. While in Italy he also met his present wife and so I thing this piece is very appropriate.

This picture was taken in Venice but it also features some elements of France and Amsterdam as well.
Over the painted canvas I used Tim Holtz papers, Spellbinders die for my frame and other shapes.  I collect vintage and vintage inspire ribbons so, I added a small muslin piece for adornment.

No comments:

Post a Comment