Friday, March 29, 2013

Doll Couture

Couture Tag 2

I am having such a fun time designing these beautiful girly tags; this particular one was a birthday tag for my beautiful and fashionably dressed daughter-in-law.  The back of it which I am not showing, I created a pocket and inserted a birthday sentiment and a couple of other journaling and photo creations for her to journal special moments of her birthday and, also created an envelope to put it all together.





Creations:  After a bit of practicing my drawing of the body alone (about 20),  it has been a while since I have drawn body shapes.  I then traced the body onto tracing paper, drew the body on french newspaper design paper.  Over the same traced body shape I designed the dress, individually cut each panel onto designer paper.  The tag was made out of mixed media elements, stamps (heartfelt creations, tim holts), molding paste, gesso.  The flowers from Heartfelt creations vintage rose and embellished with several rhinestones. 

Again my inspiration came from Julie Nutting's Couture Dolls



No comments:

Post a Comment