Thursday, June 6, 2013

Shadow Box

It was my husband's birthday last month and I was agonizing over what to buy a man who doesn't need anything.  Another bottle of wine for his collection, another night out to a fancy meal?  Instead I made him this shadow box with a picture of us when we got married.  Actually the picture was taken a month after our wedding because, we initially did not want a professional photographer at our wedding but then had a change of heart afterward.  So, we hired a photographer that I had worked with and recreated our wedding (only by wearing the same clothes) and took some pictures at a local country club.


The shadow box was created from one of my husband's science textbooks, I sealed the pages and added some wording from an old book with some embellishments that I created my self.  On the side which I don't show it has our wedding date and our names.
 

1 comment: