Friday, June 8, 2012

Carrot Juice Plus

After many years of getting up before the crack of dawn and not having time for breakfast, my body is so used to not having any nourishment in the morning so that, I don't usually start getting hungry until around noon time.
Since my dogs and I usually walk about 3 miles most mornings, I like to whip up a quick protein smoothie to give me some energy.  My smoothies are very simple and fast, I am a great believer in using whatever is fresh and easily available during the season.
 About 3 months ago I signed up for a farmer's co-op organic produce delivery and, it's awesome! In this week's delivery I received a bunch of carrots, eureka lemons and other great goodies; I also had some yummy apricots that my friend Marisa gave me from her tree (thanks Marisa) therefore; "carrots and apricot smoothie" it was, for this morning's breakfast.  I am very lucky to have a turbo plus blender (my description) Vita-Mix, I swear with this power house blender I could throw in a shoe box into my potion and it would taste great.


Carrot Juice Plus

Ingredients:                                                    Serves:  2
                                                   
 2 T vegan or whey protein (www.WelltrientsForLife.com)
 2 T macca  powder
 2-3 carrots (cut into pieces)
 1 cup ice
1 cup grapefruit juice
4 small apricots
2 tsp lemon juice
4 oz water


Method:
Put all ingredients in blender in the order listed (makes for easier blender operation) and blend on high for about 1 minute.  If you find this to be too tart for your taste, sweeten with 1 tsp agave nectar








1 comment:

  1. Great smoothie Mona! I don't think I will throw the shoe box in my blender though!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete